LA BRACE EVENTS
The oldest part of structure La Brace was built in 1820 by the Guicciardi earls of Milan for farm purposes. In 1851, Angelo Cattaneo, a trustee of the Guicciardi, Earls began working in a 30-square meter farm, plus 20 meters for the bar and 20 for the rooms. By the time the Earls agreed with the King about founding a post station with a restaurant inside it, accommodation and stabling, the Cattaneo family was already running the business.
In 1910 Virginio Cattaneo, Angelo's son, bought the land, and together with his wife Leopalda, began encouraging the work at the old restaurant also by offering horse transportation services until 1927. In the fifties, Angelo’s grandson Aristide, a land surveyor and farmer, fixed up the old family house in order to offer accommodation and to take the products of his land.
In 1971, Virginio Cattaneo (Gino), surveyor and cook for passion, took over the family farm business, by keeping up the traditions, and introduced the idea of cooking foods on a grill.
The business was soon called "La Brace" because of its success. In 1978 Gino had already began a gradual renovation of the farmhouse and barns, but maintained the typical 1800 rustic style without sacrificing the consistent aesthetic taste. This blend transformed the old agricultural structure into a comfortable accommodation environment which was perfect for both a couple during a romantic evening or for dinners, as well as for organizing large banquets and conferences.
In 2009 the Lombardy Region awarded Hotel Ristorante La Brace a prestigious award for its historical 150-year business. The160th anniversary of La Brace was celebrated on 11/11/11.